[mapguide-internals]MapGuideRFC19-ConcurrentFDOproviderconnections

Bruce Dechant bruce.dechant at autodesk.com
Thu Apr 19 12:53:32 EDT 2007

Paul,

This is not a hack. It actually does handle the problem. Perhaps my
example was not clear. I can update the RFC with more examples and more
detailed explanation.

The settings listed in the RFC are to allow you to restrict the # of
concurrent connections. However, this will be overridden by the server
if when it checks the provider and discovers that the thread model
supported is only single threaded. In the single threaded case at most
only 1 connection will be allowed at a time regardless of what the user
may have entered in the configuration settings.

Example: OsGeo.Gdal:10 means at most 10 concurrent connections, but if
the thread model checked by the server is single-threaded the server
will enforce a maximum of 1 concurrent connection and ignore this
setting as it is not valid.

Thanks,
Bruce