[mapguide-internals] RFC30 is posted

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Tue Aug 28 01:34:01 EDT 2007

Interesting idea.  I'd really like to see more information on:

- what overrides / parameters will be accessible for each of the various providers.  For instance, I'd like to see whether it will allow the specification of multiple layers and alternate styles from a WMS, the use of a specific image format, etc.  If you look on the FDO mailing list, there was a long thread from someone having difficulty generating WMS config documents.  Here's part of it:  http://www.nabble.com/RE%3A--mapguide-users--Advanced-WMS-provider-configuration-tf3567897s18162.html#a9967178

- whether this will work with the open source GDAL raster provider

- whether this relies on GetSchemaMapping returning accurate results

- how this ensures that valid config documents will be generated (validate against schema?)

Oh and most importantly... I recently wrote a PHP app to create a config document for the GDAL provider (including bounding boxes) by pointing to a directory on the server that contains images. (http://trac.osgeo.org/fdo/wiki/FdoGdalNotes#CreatingTileIndexConfigFiles)  Will this RFC make this job easier?  :)