[mapguide-internals] [mapguide-users] Adding a CoordinateSystem to MGE/MGOS

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Sat Dec 15 13:11:26 EST 2007

FDO doesn't do coordinate transformation yet.  There has been some talk about adding this at a "utility" layer (see the "Futures" section on the FDO Trac wiki) but this discussion hasn't received much attention yet.  I believe that this is because of time constraints on the part of interested parties, because there was a lot of interest in this at FOSS4G.

Jason

From: Maksim Sestic
Subject: RE: RE: [mapguide-internals] [mapguide-users] Adding a CoordinateSystem to MGE/MGOS

Another thing - what about underlying FDO, shouldn't it have Mentor
libraries implemented in first place? I haven't seen any 3.3.0 RFC related
to it. Will Mentor implementation affect existing FDO providers?