[mapguide-internals] [mapguide-users] Adding a Coordinate System to MGE/MGOS

Maksim Sestic max at geoinova.com
Sat Dec 15 05:49:25 EST 2007

Does anyody know if future MG Mentor-based API will get implemented as a
fully "separate" engine, or is it going to get tightly integrated with
MgGeometryFactory? Sort of JTS way of dealing with it - if I create a CRS
definition object, will it be possible to pass it directly to
MgGeometryFactory to have resulting MgGeometryFactory.CreateSomeGeometry()
transformed into given CRS?

Another thing - what about underlying FDO, shouldn't it have Mentor
libraries implemented in first place? I haven't seen any 3.3.0 RFC related
to it. Will Mentor implementation affect existing FDO providers?

Regards,
Maksim Sestic