[mapguide-internals] MapGuide RFC 14 - Cartographic StylizationEngine (maybe this time I'll get it right)

Andy Morsell amorsell at spatialgis.com
Fri Feb 2 21:24:05 EST 2007

Yes, I agree that this is a one thorough RFC.  I assume that the reference
to the FGDC document only pertains to the new stylization engine having the
ability to represent all of the symbols shown in the document, not to
actually create them and make available as a symbol library?   I do like the
document given my degrees and past life as a geologic engineer.......

One thing that appeared to be missing was the ability to orient symbols
based on line direction.  There is example 4 which demonstrates that line
direction can be understood, but many users would like symbols that depict
direction; such as water pipe flow and one-way roads.  Will this be possible
with this new engine?

Andy