[mapguide-internals] MapGuide RFC 14 - CartographicStylizationEngine (maybe this time I'll get it right)

Carsten Hess carsten.hess at autodesk.com
Sat Feb 3 06:47:52 EST 2007

Andy,

you are correct we don't have the funding for the symbol library - I wish we would.
Maybe the community can pull together and create a symbol library. If everyone just submits
the symbols they created because they needed it for their own application then over time we could
end up with a pretty big library ... But now I am dreaming :)

Anyways, we used the FGDC spec just to double check that we indeed cover all the capabilities we need and
wanted. So we went through most of the hard looking symbols and either added something new to the
xml schema or said "yep can be done".

As for your question about symbol orientation the tag <AngleControl> will control whether the angle is relative
to the geometries direction or to the device coordinate space. The default value by the way os "FromGeometry"
which does exactly what you were asking for.

Cheers,
  Carsten