[mapguide-internals] MapGuide RFC 15 - New Query Features API

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Sat Feb 3 01:28:29 EST 2007

I've been thinking about this a bit.

While cartographically, I hate the idea of inexplicable blue blobs, functionally I have a few use cases for it.  One of the major constraints of my Land System -> MG65 gateway is that it can't select records that have too large a spatial extent.  This change in behaviour would solve the problem (I think?).

I still don't like the idea, but... I'm generally opposed to adding configuration items where they are unnecessary, and I can live with the effects for the additional functionality :)

Jason