[mapguide-internals] MapGuide RFC 14 - Cartographic Stylization Engine (maybe this time I'll get it right)

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Sun Feb 4 12:22:24 EST 2007

I notice that the first example references an image in the Library://
but the documentation in the proposed schema say its a reference to
an external image.

Is the intention to actually reference images on the server in an
external location on the file system, external via http, or actually
to allow putting images into the repository?

I like the idea of being able to put images such as PNGs into the
repository and referencing them there - but there is no concept of
this in the proposed schema.

I guess, thinking about this, it would be best to reference an image
inside a SymbolLibrary.  What would be the implications of this to
your proposal?

Cheers

Paul