[mapguide-internals]MapGuideRFC 14- CartographicStylizationEngine(maybe this timeI'll get it right)

Traian Stanev traian.stanev at autodesk.com
Mon Feb 5 00:32:15 EST 2007

Here's my take. To clarify Carsten's item #1, it means to store the image attached to the SymbolDefinition resource using Set/GetResouceData.

I don't see much value of having a raster that's a component of a SymbolDefinition be a top level resource like Paul is proposing. Here is why --
(1) you should be sharing symbols, not their components
(2) you can have a symbol that just consists of one raster -- de facto giving you the equivalent of a raster resource
(3) a raster used in a symbol will be tiny, so it can be copied easily and without much overhead if you really need to use it in two places and don't want to share a SymbolDefinition.
(4) if you are going to stick rasters in the old symbol library, might as well use the new one -- see item (2) on how to do that :-)

Traian