[mapguide-internals] Joining to Development Team

Jorge Rubio j.e.rubio at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 14:41:20 EST 2007

Hi Jason

*****Have you read this page: http://mapguide.osgeo.org/developer.html ?

Yes I have and I joined the mailing list, but I still do not understand what
I have to do!

*****You don't really need anything to get started as a Contributor
other than the ability to check out from SVN anonymously, and generate
patch files from your work

Ok I can check SVN because you have sent the address to me. But should I be
able to upload files?
Who leads the localization project?

2007/2/5, Jason Birch <Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca>:

> Localisation is absolutely an area of interest, of the application and
> the MapGuide project website.
>
> Have you read this page: http://mapguide.osgeo.org/developer.html ?
>
> Typically, a developer starts out as a project Contributor and then is
> granted Developer status after some history of good contributions, etc,
> etc.  You don't really need anything to get started as a Contributor
> other than the ability to check out from SVN anonymously, and generate
> patch files from your work.
>
> http://svn.osgeo.org/svn/mapguide/
>
> Of interest to you:
>
> http://svn.osgeo.org/svn/mapguide/trunk/MgDev/Web/src/localized/
>
> It doesn't appear that the administrative interface or web tier unit
> tests have localisation capabilities.  This may be worth discussing on
> this list.
>
> I don't think that we have translation capabilities set up for the
> website yet, but that will likely be coming soon.

Lic. Jorge Rubio