[mapguide-internals] Joining to Development Team

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Mon Feb 5 14:00:27 EST 2007

Localisation is absolutely an area of interest, of the application and
the MapGuide project website.

Have you read this page: http://mapguide.osgeo.org/developer.html ?

Typically, a developer starts out as a project Contributor and then is
granted Developer status after some history of good contributions, etc,
etc.  You don't really need anything to get started as a Contributor
other than the ability to check out from SVN anonymously, and generate
patch files from your work.

http://svn.osgeo.org/svn/mapguide/

Of interest to you:

http://svn.osgeo.org/svn/mapguide/trunk/MgDev/Web/src/localized/

It doesn't appear that the administrative interface or web tier unit
tests have localisation capabilities.  This may be worth discussing on
this list.

I don't think that we have translation capabilities set up for the
website yet, but that will likely be coming soon.