[mapguide-internals] MapGuide RFC 6 - Overriding Coordinate Systems in Feature Sources

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Tue Feb 6 18:27:08 EST 2007

I had no idea!  In the current implementation, if there is no spatial
context (a shapefile was added for instance), there is no way to
specify the spatial context - at least not in any UI.  Can we modify
the proposal to include a section for updating Web Studio's feature
source editor to enable selecting a coordinate system for a feature
source?  DMSG will provide the resources for this.

Also, in the future, will changing (or setting) the spatial context
be supported in Studio?  Is that part of the proposed effort?

Cheers

Paul