[mapguide-internals] MapGuideRF 14 - CartographicStylizationEngine(again)

Traian Stanev traian.stanev at autodesk.com
Wed Feb 7 22:50:54 EST 2007

Hey Bob,

Good question. Our thinking is that we can simulate all of the old style labels using new style SymbolDefinitions -- containing a single text graphic and with the correct overpost setting. We want to be able to use any symbol definition as a label basically. Personally, getting labeling to work right is the thing I am most insecure about (I mean, as far as this schema goes, hahaha) and it would be a very nice fallback to simply use an optional old style layer definition Label in the CompositeRule. The CompositeRule, being a Rule, should already be inheriting a GetLabel() from the parent Rule class, I think...

Either way, we aim to have both old and new labels pass through the same label overposting logic, so that one could mix layers with old and new style theming withing the same map.

Traian