[mapguide-internals] MapTips fail when properties have null values?

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Tue Feb 20 08:58:33 EST 2007

Hi all ... I filed this as an issue in Trac but I haven't seen any
comments on it :)
Maptips fail to appear when the expression references a property that
is null for the current feature. Another feature that does not have
null values in the properties will produce a map tip.

Is this behaviour by design or a potential bug? Is there a way to
work around null values in the data by replacing them with an empty
string?

Trac ticket is:

http://mapguide.osgeo.org/trac/mapguide/ticket/3

I'm not looking for resolution, just a quick answer on whether this
is by design, a potential bug, or a configuration problem.

Cheers

Paul