[mapguide-internals] MapGuide RFC 16 - Elevation andExtrusionSupport for KML

Chris Claydon chris.claydon at autodesk.com
Fri Feb 23 13:51:35 EST 2007

In my prototype code, I've added <tessellate>1</tessellate> for all
features that are clamped to the ground. The output looks good in GE.

The MapGuide Stylization project code, which handles rendering to all of
the supported formats, is currently all 2D. It would require a lot of
work to convert it to 3D, and that is beyond the scope of this RFC. I
agree that it would be nice to have, though.

Chris.