[mapguide-internals] foss4g workshops

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Mon Feb 26 16:35:30 EST 2007

Bob wrote:

> Hows that RFC for Fusion support coming along anyway :)

I'm a little worried about direction with the AJAX viewers.  While the current viewer meets a large proportion of the users' needs, it's not very flexible and the map surround elements aren't very AJAX.

DMSG has been working on Fusion as an alternative, and it looks like SL-King is looking at building a similar framework for Java based on GWT.  I could see something coming for .Net that leverages "atlas" in the same way.

Do we need to talk about this to ensure that these apps are developed in a particular way (if they're going to be merged into the MapGuide project)?  Are we OK with different viewers having different APIs, etc?