[mapguide-internals] Viewers and the Future of Web Layout

Haris Kurtagic haris at sl-king.com
Tue Feb 27 05:23:10 EST 2007

Hi,

I think that having multiple viewers is not a bad thing as a matter of
fact I believe that we need different types of viewers.
Right now I can't imagine having one viewer for all types of
applications and requirements.

I don't know how Fusion works also we have recently started developing
AJAX apps so I am talking mostly based on my "feeling".

There were two main reason for choosing GWT:
1. we need simple and efficient remote procedure call
2. scalable, large client application - we can't do it coding in
JavaScript
As project progress we are more and more satisfied with result and
possibilities.

Few months ago we have looked at WebStudio and we very impressed about
it. It has changed my view on web applications.
We discussed how to add functionality for connecting to FDO data
sources.
But then I realized that writing JavaScript code is not a way we won't
to go.
I could be subjective and inexperienced about this, I would like to hear
other opinions.

Thanks,

Haris