[mapguide-internals] mapguide für linux

walter harms wharms at bfs.de
Tue Jul 3 08:23:29 EDT 2007

Helio Chissini de Castro wrote:
> On Tuesday 03 July 2007 05:47:34 walter harms wrote:
>> hi,
>> i read that there is a mapguide rpm for mandrake. i would like to create
>> one for suse. unfortunaly i had big problems getting mapguideOS 1.1.0 even
>> to compile.
>>
>> is there a place where can i download the MG sources ?
>>
>> re,
>>  walter
>
> Hi Walter
>
> I'm at KDE akademy right now and suppose to be back to home in one week, then
> i can help you about building mapguide ( and even i build final 1.2.0
> packages ).
i tried them too, but the collided with my fdo ...(sad story here).

do you have a version that does not come with all the 3.party stuff ?
apache & friends are already installed an it is a pain to see that old
libs get draw back into the system. I would like to start soon as possible
since i have lost lot of time to figure out was does not work.

> I just want to note that Mandriva packages are did over an special buildsystem
no problem, it was just an example

> i did with cmake over the original autotools buildsystem of mapguide, to make
> easy packaging.

i am not familar with cmake but that should not matter

> I just received a message from Jason too about this subject and just cc him to
> know that i'm alive, just need back home to answer him :-)

at least he seems to have a working version. :)

re,
 walter