[mapguide-internals] RE: Release of MGOS 1.2.0

Andy Morsell amorsell at spatialgis.com
Tue Jun 26 20:26:28 EDT 2007

Yes, my experience is that it is considerably less stable with 1.2.0.  This
is not emperical by any means, but based on experience with different
customer datasets.  As far as I know, these issues have been introduced with
1.2 and were not a problem in 1.1:

http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/ticket/191
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/ticket/187

The most significant being the former where we are seeing instability so
severe that it locks up the server and is very easy to replicate.  Some of
the changes that Haris and Jason made last week helped, but Jason reported
that he was still having problems when testing with 4 simultaneous sessions.

I do agree that there are many improvements in 1.2.0 that would immediately
benefit the community, but I'm afraid that the volume of raster problems
people will run into will be significant.  I would be in support of
releasing with the caveat that raster support NOT be included AT ALL and
will instead be released as a stable and tested patch in the near future.

Andy