[mapguide-internals] First draft of MapGuide RFC 22-ReplaceFastCGI

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Fri Jun 29 15:27:24 EDT 2007

I agree with this.

The only problem with this approach is that with multiple ISAPI installs
of PHP on IIS, you can't differentiate the location of the php.ini file.
So users wanting to run alternate versions which don't use the php.ini
from the first place in the ini file search path (I think by default
c:\windows, but could be wrong) will need to run their other versions
under CGI or FastCGI.

Personally, I don't see this as a huge issue.  On my production server
I'm going to have to work around it (still have some legacy PHP4 code)
but... that's OK :)

From: Trevor Wekel
Subject: RE: [mapguide-internals] First draft of MapGuide RFC
22-ReplaceFastCGI

I suspect our current FastCGI implementation also has an impact on PHP.
It would be worthwhile to install  PHP as an isapi module or Apache mod
by default.