[mapguide-internals] FW: [Incubator] OSGeo Provided Services - SVN, Trac, Buildbot, Download

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Thu Mar 1 11:26:47 EST 2007

Do we have a use for BuildBot?

I don't think that we have a Windows-based BuildBot agent yet, but at
least we'd be sure that the Linux stuff doesn't break.

From: Frank Warmerdam
Subject: [Incubator] OSGeo Provided Services - SVN, Trac, Buildbot,
Download

Folks,

SAC - the OSGeo System Administration Committee - is getting to the
point where we can provision projects with SVN, Trac, Buildbot and
Download services fairly efficiently and effectively if desired.

SVN and Trac are utilizing our central OSGeo LDAP server for
authentication
- a start towards the dream of one OSGeo userid/password for a variety
of services and projects.  We also have the capacity to capture project
history in a migration to SVN for folks using CVS now.

Buildbot, for those not familiar with it, is used to do automated builds
of software packages from svn, run tests suites, and provide a status
web page indicating how it is working.  An example is at:

   http://buildbot.osgeo.org:8500/

The download server is just a server providing http download from a
directory tree, but it is on a high speed network (telascience) with
lots of bandwidth.
We can supply a project representative with an account so they can
scp/sftp files to the server in a particular directory.

Currently MapGuide, Mapbender, FDO, and GDAL are using the SVN and Trac
services.  I believe OSSIM is planning to migrate as soon as is
convenient.

If any projects are interested in taking advantage of these services
please contact Howard or I, or submit a service request in the OSGeo
Trac assigned to SAC.

   http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/