[mapguide-internals] Request for submission

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Mon Mar 26 08:23:04 EDT 2007

I personally think all patches should be filed as enhancements and
all discussion related to the patch should take place in the ticket
so that everything related to that issue is in one place and can
easily be found.

This is what we have done in the past and it is very effective, no
information is lost.  The reason it works is because the default
owner of new issues is a mailing list of people that are interested
in new issues.  In this case, it would be very useful if new tickets
could be assigned to a default owner that is, in effect, the mapguide-
internals list.  While the issue is not reassigned, all discussion
would be tracked in both the bug and on the list.  Once assigned
(i.e. someone is going to do something about it), the mailing list
user can be removed and anyone that is interested in following
further can cc themselves to the bug.

One thing that I have found with the current setup is that bugs just
seem to disappear when filed.  No-one else seems to get notified that
a new bug was created etc.  Perhaps that's not the case?

Paul