[mapguide-internals] Request for submission

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Mon Mar 26 11:12:59 EDT 2007

Hmm.

That approach would work well also.  I agree that new tickets don't
really get enough visibility.  If we do this, we should also make sure
that we either set up something like Akismet to block spam, or require a
login for a ticket submission.

From: Paul Spencer
Subject: Re: [mapguide-internals] Request for submission

I personally think all patches should be filed as enhancements and all
discussion related to the patch should take place in the ticket so that
everything related to that issue is in one place and can easily be
found.

This is what we have done in the past and it is very effective, no
information is lost.  The reason it works is because the default owner
of new issues is a mailing list of people that are interested in new
issues.  In this case, it would be very useful if new tickets could be
assigned to a default owner that is, in effect, the mapguide- internals
list.  While the issue is not reassigned, all discussion would be
tracked in both the bug and on the list.  Once assigned (i.e. someone is
going to do something about it), the mailing list user can be removed
and anyone that is interested in following further can cc themselves to
the bug.

One thing that I have found with the current setup is that bugs just
seem to disappear when filed.  No-one else seems to get notified that a
new bug was created etc.  Perhaps that's not the case?