[mapguide-internals] Web API

Kenneth, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Thu Nov 8 14:01:02 EST 2007

As I mentioned, I have been implementing an OpenLayers provider.

When dealing with the GETMAPIMAGE the "layernames" are taken as GUID's.
This only makes sense when the map is a runtime map, as it does not have
GUID's in the MapDefinition.

When using the QUERYMAPFEATURES the layernames are the actual names (at
least thats how the AJAX viewer sends them).
I am not sure that setting the "layernames" parameter actually has any
effect.

In the AJAX viewer, this line can be found:
    var reqParams = "SESSION=" + sessionId + "&MAPNAME=" +
encodeURIComponent(mapName) + "&SEQ=" + Math.random() + "&SELECTION=" +
encodeURIComponent(selText) + "&QUERYINFO=" + (requery? "1": "0");

Why is the OPERATION parameter missing?

The GETMAPIMAGE and GETDYNAMICMAPOVERLAYIMAGE does not seem to re-read a
changed runtime map, if the "SHOWLAYERS" or "HIDELAYERS" parameters have
not been set, and the runtime map is altered on the server.

--
Regards, Kenneth, GEOGRAF A/S