[mapguide-internals] Error in compiling Agg on ubuntu...

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Mon Nov 12 20:27:30 EST 2007

I'm not sure that the fix for PNG is working properly (ok, it was yesterday, but I think I had to re-add the libpng package compiling trunk), and found that I had to install the libfreetype6-dev package in order to avoid some missing reference problems in GD:

/home/administrator/mgsvn/Common/Renderers/.libs/libMgRenderers.so:
undefined reference to `gdFontCacheSetup'
/home/administrator/mgsvn/Common/Renderers/.libs/libMgRenderers.so:
undefined reference to `gdFontCacheShutdown'

Is it possible that the bundled PNG and Freetype libs aren't being picked up properly in the Oem GD build?

Jason

From: Traian Stanev
Subject: RE: [mapguide-internals] Error in compiling Agg on ubuntu...

I read your emails out of order. Yes I know what is wrong here and will fix it. The Makefile.am of renderers is missing a header path to ../../Oem/gd/lpng. I had not noticed it since my Ubuntu box also has png-dev installed so png was in the path already.