[mapguide-internals] Error in compiling Agg on ubuntu...

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Sun Nov 11 15:54:18 EST 2007

Ah well, I grabbed them from the Ubuntu repo.

I noticed that there is a changelog of Autodesk modifications to GDAL.

http://tinyurl.com/366t2b

Some of these are for coordinate systems and things that are specific to
MapGuide, but I noticed that there is a memory leak fix in there.  Has
this been entered into the GDAL Trac instance with a patch?

It's critical that this is done when general changes are applied,
partially because it helps the whole community but also because FDO is
using GDAL directly and may not be aware of these changes.

From: Jason Birch
Subject: RE: [mapguide-internals] Error in compiling Agg on ubuntu...

It's looking for SSL and Curl.  These appear to be installed as part of
FDO, but MapGuide is not finding them.

Is it better for me to apt-get them, or to somehow reference the FDO
ThirdParty components?