[mapguide-internals] FW: [mapguide-users] Mapguide 2.0 Beta1 vs 1.2 performance

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Wed Nov 21 08:24:40 EST 2007

Anyone else have a feeling for relative performance of 1.2 vs 2.0 vs
2.0 w/ Fusion?  I saw it installed on a laptop yesterday, running full
screen with no tiling and the Sheboygan sample, and it was panning and
zooming in milliseconds (there was barely a flash).  Everything was on
the same machine, so there was no network latency.

Note that Fusion, in particular, is probably not optimized for initial
load in this beta.  But run-time performance should be at least on par
with the 2.0 default viewer.

Cheers

Paul