[mapguide-internals] RESTful Ramblings of a Restless Lunatic

Robert Bray rbray at robertbray.net
Wed Oct 3 15:55:27 EDT 2007

All,

I left FOSS4G last week somewhat pumped after seeing the talk Haris gave
demonstrating his RESTful Web Service client. So I went out this weekend
  purchased the O'Reilly RESTful Web Services book and read it mostly
from cover to cover. That of course left me pondering what a RESTful
interface to MapGuide should look like, so I spent a couple of hours
hacking the following (still incomplete) proposal together:

http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/RESTfulWebServices

I approached this somewhat differently than Haris did, at this point it
is up to you to decide whether that is bad or good. However I think my
approach is pretty clean while exposing all of the capabilities of
MapGuide in a RESTful manner.

Feel free to either discuss this here on the list or add your comments
to the Wiki page (or both).

Bob