[mapguide-internals] RESTful Ramblings of a Restless Lunatic

Haris Kurtagic haris at sl-king.com
Thu Oct 11 14:24:48 EDT 2007

Regarding [ ] characters, two major browser's behavious differently, IE
and Firefox, one will encoded one will not.
Any how , those characters are interpreted normally by browser and
server.
Regarding encoded I believe that at the end when we will develope all
functionality ( sql queries, spatial filters, MapGuide identifiers,..)
REST URI will certainly not look "nicely" to human eye.
I think that is something which is not that important and after
implmenting RESTfull principles beside first-entering URI, other URI's
will not be important to user or application.

I think it is important that URI parser undoubltly and quickly can
identify resources in URI path, but that doens' mean it is nessecceray
[] combination.
I saw some suggestion's to use ! in path to separate filter part.

Haris