[mapguide-internals] MGOS 2.0 beta

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Oct 18 17:11:32 EDT 2007

FWIW, MapServer AGG rendering uses GD for image I/O for exactly the
same reason.

For Fusion, I think a common pattern would be to set up to draw the
selection using a second OpenLayers singleTile layer (one big map
draw) with just the selected features in PNG8 and do client-side
opacity rather than try to deal with PNG24.

Cheers

Paul