[mapguide-internals] Alternate Security options for Mapguide

Zac Spitzer zac.spitzer at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 20:37:05 EDT 2008

On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 3:16 AM, Trevor Wekel <trevor.wekel at autodesk.com> wrote:
> Hi Zac,
>
>  What about assigning each user a session id?  There is a CREATESESSION HTTP operation that returns the session identifier.  Session id's are guids.  Create session does require a valid username / password.

I am already doing that (using the API, not http), my main motivation
was to make the error logs
clearer, ie rather than every log being against a single user

Being able to create a session su style for another user if you have
Administrator level access would be good

>  >  Ideally, we should come up with a pluggable architecture for server-side authentication.  If you are already familiar with LDAP and C++ programming, I don't think it would be too difficult to embed LDAP authentication into the MapGuide Server.

Alas i'm not very up to speed with C++ :(