[mapguide-internals] Anyone was able to compile mg 2.0.0 with linux x86_64 ?

Traian Stanev traian.stanev at autodesk.com
Thu Apr 3 10:36:45 EDT 2008

Hi Helio,

Everything you say sounds about right. I remember having to do all these when I compiled on x64.
It is ok to hack around the atomic stuff in DWF, because MapGuide does not use it.
Ironically dwf_max is something I added because a while back I was getting gcc errors about redefinition of max. Your solution of using STL max is better.
Last time I tried this, I got the mg server to briefly run, before going down in flames when it hit places which cast pointers in the wrong way. I fixed some of these in the UTF16 string conversion code, but there were more, at which point I gave up.

Traian