[mapguide-internals] Why are some FDO providers missing fromthe MapGuide installation?

Kenneth, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Sun Apr 6 05:20:13 EDT 2008

No, I have only had a quick go at both.

The main advantage with WiX is that it builds MSI packages, which can be
loaded in Citrix and other systems easily.
The main advantage of NSIS, is that it does not use the MSI system, and
is thus easier to control (IMO), but it produces .exe files, which may
not be easily integrated into all package distribution systems.

For MapGuide the use in an automated installation system is probably
limited, and I would go for NSIS there.

Regards, Kenneth, GEOGRAF A/S