[mapguide-internals] MapGuide RFC 47 - Migrate to MicrosoftVisual Studio 2008

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Tue Apr 15 22:53:13 EDT 2008

I only have Pro at work.  I may have played around with building using Express at home a couple years ago, but I don't recall.  I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to justify upgrading to 2008 ahead of the curve, so I may be getting some Express experience earlier than desired.

I don't see any reason why it shouldn't work with Visual C++ Express though, or maybe even just the Windows SDK - they rolled up the platform SDK and .Net this year.

Tom, do you have the command-line parameters for building MapGuide unattended?  FDO has some nice unattended build instructions for Windows, and I'd love to be able to duplicate those for MapGuide.

http://svn.osgeo.org/fdo/trunk/OpenSourceBuild__README.txt <http://svn.osgeo.org/fdo/trunk/OpenSourceBuild__README.txt>

Jason

From: Tom Fukushima
Subject: RE: [mapguide-internals] MapGuide RFC 47 - Migrate to MicrosoftVisual Studio 2008

It should be possible to build with VS 2008 Express.  Unfortunately, everyone I know uses VS 2008 Professional so we will not be able to document this. I thought we had instructions for building with VS 2007 Express at http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Building_MapGuide_on_Windows but I don't see any references to it on this page; perhaps Jason has some more information on VS 2007 Express support.