[mapguide-internals] MapGuide RFC 55 - Switch from PROJ4toCS-Map coordinate system library

Hugues Wisniewski hugues.wisniewski at autodesk.com
Mon Aug 11 13:09:30 EDT 2008

Hi Jason,

> Can you please note this in the RFC?  I'm OK with this, but it should be documented, and probably mentioned in the release notes.
The RFC has just been updated with this information.

>> Some coordinate systems may not work with the new CSMAP.
> And all of these implications as well?
Done as well.

> Is this (the testing, publishing part, not necessarily the fixing as long as users can manually address the problems)
> something that you would be willing to add as part of the work for this RFC?
If I have the list of all the WKTs for all the PROJ4 systems I can do it very easily.
If you can provide me with that full list of WKTs in a text file, I can publish the list of all the systems that CS-Map understands and so, the list of the ones that do not pass. We could then file an RFC against CS-Map at http://trac.osgeo.org/csmap/wiki/CsMapRfcs to request CS-Map to understand these systems.

Hugues