[mapguide-internals] MapGuide RFC 55 - Switch fromPROJ4toCS-Map coordinate system library

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Mon Aug 11 15:13:39 EDT 2008

> If I have the list of all the WKTs for all the PROJ4 systems
> I can do it very easily. If you can provide me with that full
> list of WKTs in a text file, I can publish the list of all
> the systems that CS-Map understands and so, the list of the
> ones that do not pass.

I'm guessing that ConvertCoordinateSystemCodeToWkt is what MapGuide uses
to generate the WKT that is stored in the repository.

To get the PROJ.4 WKT stored by MapGuide, can I just run
EnumerateCategories then EnumerateCoordinateSystems and
ConvertCoordinateSystemCodeToWkt against the current MapGuide Open
Source?

If so, the results (pipe-delimited, code|WKT) are available in this
file:

http://www.jasonbirch.com/temp/mgos_coordsys.txt

I've attached the script I used to generate this, which needs to be
placed in the mapagent directory to run.

The other alternative (bare metal PROJ.4 APIs) isn't all that
approachable for me :)