[mapguide-internals] MapGuide RFC 55 - Switch from PROJ4 to CS-Map coordinate system library

Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Tue Aug 12 09:22:24 EDT 2008

Given the previous detailed information on compiling MapGuide with
PROJ.4 support, would
it be possible to provide a compiled MgGeometry.dll with PROJ.4 for
download and use with 2.1?

Or possibly the other way around, provide the compiled CS-Map MgGeometry
dll as an add-on?

If suggestion 1 is chosen, it is possible to make a low-impact upgrade,
with limited dedication from OSGeo.
Most user will just upgrade, and hapilly use CS-Map without observing
the difference.
The unlucky users, can either deal with the problems, or postpone them
for the 3.0 (or 2.2 relase),
but be aware that the problems are there.

Regards, Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S