[mapguide-internals] MGOS Live CD

Sylvain Pasche sylvain.pasche at camptocamp.com
Wed Aug 13 05:18:47 EDT 2008

Hi Jason,

The documentation for building mapguide on Ubuntu 8.04 has been helpful.
I've prepared a script for automating the build. I also have some other
scripts and files for building the Live CD image. Right now they are in
an internal svn repository but that would be nice if we can find a
public place where to publish them (mapguide svn?).

For the service, I've created a small /etc/init.d/mapguide file you can
find in attachment.

I had to create the /var/lock/mgserver directory when starting the
daemon, which could be the explanation why you didn't get the service to
start.

Sylvain