[mapguide-internals] improving the default php configuration

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Wed Dec 17 01:56:50 EST 2008

I wouldn't be adverse to changing PHP to log to the MapGuide logs directory.  I really don't think that setting display_errors to on is a good idea; I'd prefer to see _more_ secure by default rather than less.

Of course, if you're interesting in helping to build the installer, anything is possible ;)

Jason

________________________________

From: Zac Spitzer
Subject: [mapguide-internals] improving the default php configuration

There seem to be a number of common issues with php and mapguide,
the current default config for php.ini is as follows

line 632: display_errors = Off
line 408: ;error_log = filename

this combination results in a effective silent php fail with errors
not being shown or logged

there is the additional problem of multiple php's in the path but that
seems to of been addressed with
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/ticket/657

would it be worth tweaking these values?