[mapguide-internals] RE: Even more dynamic symbols

Walt Welton-Lair walt.welton-lair at autodesk.com
Thu Jul 3 09:48:51 EDT 2008

Hi Mans,

The geometry is parsed in SE_StyleVisitor in the Stylization project.  The XML is converted into an SE_LineBuffer and stored with the parsed symbol.

Design-wise there's nothing preventing having the geometry accept parameters.  It's just a matter of implementing it.  You would need to pay attention to performance though - you don't want any performance degradation for existing symbols that don't use variable geometry.

If you're really interested in getting this support into MapGuide, I encourage you to look at the code and write an RFC proposing how to do it.  MapGuide is always looking for people who can help improve the product.

Walt