[mapguide-internals] MGOS 2.0.1 status

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Mon May 12 18:37:16 EDT 2008

I know what you're saying, and was OK with 1.0.5+ not getting in because
of showstopper bugs.  Users can patch if they want to.

I was just wondering why the r1271 build of fusion (from the 2.0.0 tag)
was included instead of the version that is in the 2.0 branch (r1331 -
equivalent to 1.0.4).  This seemed to be fairly stable (other than the
bugs) and brings in a bunch of important fixes, like Safari support.

Last I tested was on the 1.0 branch prior to Mike's 1.0.5 commits with
the addition of the tooltip fix I put in; I haven't tested 1.0.5 or 1.0
branch since the 1.0.5 commits.  I didn't see a units error, but perhaps
my testing wasn't as thorough as yours, or that error is in a widget I'm
not using.

From: Tom Fukushima
Subject: RE: [mapguide-internals] MGOS 2.0.1 status

Yes, I'm sure that we could wait for more fixes, and then in the mean
time find more problems that we would like to fix and wait some more,
and then find more problems and then wait some more.

Jason, are you using the Fusion trunk or the 1.0 branch?  We are using
the 1.0 branch so if you're using trunk that will not be useful for us
anyway.  If you are using the branch, I remember seeing a pretty serious
problem with an error dialog about units coming up, are you not seeing
that?