[mapguide-internals] MGOS 2.0.1 status

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Thu May 15 11:28:15 EDT 2008

I'm pretty sure that subversion checkouts are wire-compressed; I tested
this a year ago with a full FDO checkout and the data transferred was a
lot smaller than the size on disk.  It might not be as efficient as a
single compressed archive though.

Regardless of what's decided on this, I think that the standard package
should be an export, with these labelled as "developer's jump-start
package" or something like that.

From: Zac Spitzer
Subject: Re: [mapguide-internals] MGOS 2.0.1 status

A subversion checkout isn't compressed and actually puts a bit of load
on the server and takes a while when compared to downloading one
single compressed file.