[mapguide-internals] MapGuide Open Source 2.1-whereisthecontinuous integration system ????

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Mon Nov 17 16:55:35 EST 2008

WiX supports custom actions (c++, C# and VB.Net apparently), so if we
have to do it that way that would be great.

It also has a bunch of plugins that bundle things that are common custom
actions, including one for setting IIS properties, and you can "harvest"
an existing website to import the required XML for this.  If we can use
this "internal" support rather than a custom action we have to maintain,
I think I'd prefer that.  It keeps more of the setup declarative.  Where
I think we might have to get into custom actions is when/if we move to
allowing the user to choose which website(s?) to install the mapguide
virtual directories to, which app pool to use, etc...

Along these lines, how does Server currently get registered?  Is it a
post-install step that calls mgserver with the install parameter, or an
sc command, or something else?  I think that WiX has code for
registering services via the Windows APIs as well.