[mapguide-internals] MapGuide Open Source 2.1-whereisthecontinuous integration system ????

Tom Fukushima tom.fukushima at autodesk.com
Mon Nov 17 17:27:01 EST 2008

Hi Jason,

Jason wrote...
> Along these lines, how does Server currently get registered?  Is it a
> post-install step that calls mgserver with the install parameter, or an
> sc command, or something else?  I think that WiX has code for
> registering services via the Windows APIs as well.

We believe that it is a call to "mgserver.exe install" at the end.  We're only 98.5% sure though, and Tim who could give us an answer in one second, is on vacation until January.

That said, I think that we should use the same approach as it keeps the server's "service install" and the installer's "service install" from getting out of sync.

Tom