[mapguide-internals] Installer progress

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Fri Nov 21 09:03:19 EST 2008

Well, I've got something that more-or-less works to install Server and
Maestro.

Just committed it to
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/browser/trunk/Installer if anyone wants
to have a look, and an MSI is available here:

http://www.jasonbirch.com/temp/mginstall/MapGuideOpenSource-2.1.0-Unoffi
cial.msi

For the Server portion, it basically installs the files, modifies the
ini file, sets an environment variable, and then runs mgserver.exe with
the install flag.  Could use some work on details, such as getting the
product name, version, etc abstracted out, not rebooting after an
uninstall, and a bunch of other minor items.

Next on the plate is the Web Extensions install, which I'm not really
looking forward too. :)