[mapguide-internals] Installer - Apache, etc...

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Mon Nov 24 01:44:28 EST 2008

Hi all,

I'm struggling a bit with how to deal with Apache in the installer.
Apache only distributes source and MSI versions from their site, nothing
that I could directly package up into our installer.  I guess I can do a
local install and strip the files out of that, but that seems a bit
painful.  Is this essentially what the current installer does?

Also, I'd like some feedback on the benefit of bundling Tomcat with the
installer.  I have next to zero experience with Tomcat, but I'm
wondering if the benefit of including Tomcat and configuring mod_jk in
the bundled Apache is there.