[mapguide-internals] MapGuide open source builds

Helio Chissini de Castro helio at kde.org
Wed Oct 8 12:58:19 EDT 2008

On Quarta 08 Outubro 2008 13:22:26 Traian Stanev wrote:
> Yes, I did a 64 bit FDO build using externally installed dependent third
> party libraries last week on Ubuntu, and it worked out pretty well. I did
> not compile all providers though, so I can't speak for all the
> dependencies, just xerces/xalan and the like.
>
> Traian

Hi guys, i'm on a quick trio on US and Zac ping me about the discussion.
For 64 bits, i already have cake build working with most of the third party
dependencies sorted.

I have mapguide too, with some small issue, which is DB 4.2
Maptguide relies in DB 4.2, most of distros have DB 4.5 or 4.6 apache build (
apr things ), which lead me to try compile mapguide with a recent Db
The problem is even been API compatible, db segfaults everytime in the
database creation, and i had no time to solve the issue.
To fix my problem i recompiled my apache rpm with exactly same db mapguide
have.

As Jason commented about the frustration of the whole RFC, to not kept too
much out of sync, i did rpm version for current fdo, and mapguide, but only 32
bits, as pristine as possible.

As soon i back from US i can answer other questions with more time

[]'s

--
Helio Chissini de Castro
KDE Project