[mapguide-internals] Exception Handling for Memory limitations + Patch for #480 & #520

Zac Spitzer zac.spitzer at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 01:26:43 EDT 2009

I tend to agree with jason's point... however, from a performance
perspective, it means we keep
hitting the error and throwing an exception. where as a empty file
avoid's that issue.. what to do?

writing a blank file with an additional file which can be searched
for, ie 6_6.png.error?

On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 4:16 PM, Jason Birch <Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca> wrote:
> This is from a non-technical perspective, but I would _much_ rather have a missing tile than a corrupt tile.  IMO, if an exception is thrown and it's not possible to determine that the file was written without errors, delete it.  I haven't tried this with a recent release, but I think that earlier versions were writing white tiles when exceptions were encountered. Differentiating between these failed tiles and tiles were not corrupt but had minimal information on them was difficult.
>
> It would be useful if the logged error included information on which file was being written as well as the reason for the exception.  I've run into a few cases where bad geometry causes rendering exceptions, and tracking these down can be a royal pain.

Zac Spitzer -
http://zacster.blogspot.com
+61 405 847 168