[mapguide-internals] TCP/IP connection

Martin Morrison martin.morrison at edsi.com
Wed Apr 8 11:24:39 EDT 2009

Trevor,

If you are fiddling with TCPIP parameters and such, the default values (php.ini) for the following also need turned up.

; Resource Limits ;

max_execution_time = 60 ; Maximum execution time of each script, in seconds
max_input_time = 60 ; Maximum amount of time each script may spend parsing request data
memory_limit = 64M ; Maximum amount of memory a script may consume

In a nutshell, if someone is on dial-up and is running a higher res monitor, it takes the script longer to download the new image than the timeout allows.  I changed the max_execution_time to 180, made a huge difference in stability.  I also set the memory_limit to 256M.

Compressing all of the possible output from the server would help also.

Martin