[mapguide-internals] missing backward compatibilty of 2.1 server API - feature or defect?

UV uvwild at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 11:55:02 EDT 2009

DESCRIBEFEATURESCHEMA&VERSION=1.0.0
RESOURCEID=.....

and the parameter count of mapguide studio 2.0.0.3202 is not compatible
to 2.0.2
using 2 instead 3 parms i think.

supposedly the maestro client has been updated....

I am simply questioning  why to break it in the first place......
I believe breaking compatibility in the API between successive versions
is bad practise......